1. There’s snow!
We have 1+ k of awesome skiing–wide, with a thick base and clean snow. Plus now we have a little biathlon range right on the snowmaking loop, which is perfect for me!
2. There’s real snow!
“Fake” snow is nice, but real snow is even better! The first real snow of the year always gives me such a giddy-little-kid sort of feeling, especially when I’m at home.
3. The GRP rowers are around, and so there are people to hang out with, cook meals with, and give ski lessons too!
4. Meals started back up, and they’re as amazing as ever
It may be little, but our woodstove is what’s gotten me through the last few weeks–its been going non-stop, and pretty much whenever I’m in the house and not sleeping, I sit in front of it.
6. Helping coach the BKL is especially awesome when they’re just getting on skis and they’re sooo psyched about it!
The kids are so motivated, I think they could run their own practices. And they’re so psyched to be on snow and to race each other around, its a good reminder of why I ski!
Who in this picture is showing better technique? (hint: not me)
Em has also been helping run BKL practices. Its great to have her home and have some good sister bonding time.
More good technique!
7. Skiing to meals
Skiing as a means of transportation makes me very happy.
8. Having thanksgiving at home!
9. You can ski, but also go on hikes and runs and other adventures without it being too snowy or sketchy (this was before we got real snow)
I went on a nice run/hike up Mt. Hunger
10. There are lots of productive things to do, which is a welcome change after being on the road for so long.